Permanently remove officer from duty and launch a full investigation into the Police Department to ensure there is not further militia infiltration.
Why is this important?
Three Percenters, a racist anti-government militia and identified hate group, have been discovered within the Pacific Grove Police Department.
In late May 2020 Pacific Grove residents observed the officer’s personal vehicle emblazoned with Three Percenters racist anti-government militia and anti-LGBT decals, parked in the City’s employee parking lot.
Although widely reported by local news media, the officer has faced no disciplinary action, and is currently patrolling our streets while enjoying the protection Chief Cathy Madalone.
Allowing anti-government militia to infiltrate and operate within the Police Department:
* Endangers the citizens of Pacific Grove
* Is a liability to the City
* Violates PGPD’s Law Enforcement Officer Code of Ethics
* Undermines the credibility of the Police Department as a whole
As residents, employees, visitors, and tax payers in the City of Pacific Grove, we deserve to feel safe and protected. We will not be policed by anti-government militia.
Decals explained (from left to right)
* Three-Percenters: An American far-right militia movement and paramilitary group advocating armed resistance to the U.S. federal government. In recent years with Trump’s presidency they have directed their hostility at other perceived foes including Muslims and immigrants. Three Percenters have been active in the resistance to Black Lives Matter protests over the May 2020 killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis. They have a history of criminal activity, ranging from weapons violations to terrorist plots and attacks, and provided security for white supremacists during the Charlottesville, Virginia protests.
* “LIBERTY, GUN, BEER, TRUMP” (LGBT): This decal mocks and marginalizes the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
*Punisher/“Molon Labe”: Molon Labe meaning “come and take [them]” is a classic expression of armed defiance to the government. Gun-rights advocates have adopted the phrase as a challenge to the perceived threat of governmental firearms confiscation.