1,000 signatures reached
To: Folsom-Cordova Unified School District
Care Not Cops: FCUSD Students Against SROs
1. Remove SROs from FCUSD campuses
2. Replace SROs with a Hall Monitor Program
3. Divest funds from the SRO contract and invest directly into the students and their wellbeing.
4. Implement mandatory training for teachers and staff, including race, implicit bias, and culture sensitivity.
5. Require all FCUSD board members to make a public pledge to reject campaign contributions from police unions and law enforcement as a stance against institutional racism.
6. Address FCUSD’s vast disproportionality in relation to graduation and suspension rates.
7. Reform curriculum to address racism in its actuality.
Why is this important?
The most impressionable time for a student is during their years of mandatory education. These years should be centered and catered towards providing the absolute best educational experience that is based on accurate, factual information in a safe and comfortable learning environment. This cannot be accomplished with the use of police on campus and anti-Blackness systemically perpetuated in the curriculum. The removal of police officers from campus as well as reformed curriculum that addresses racism in its actuality will foster the growth necessary on FCUSD campuses.
For more information, contact us at:
Instagram: @genup.fcusd & @cordovahighbsu
Facebook: GenUp FCUSD
If you have a testimony in regards to your experience with racism, discrimination, or police on campus, don’t hesitate to leave a comment as you sign the petition.